changing GST

ays ays74 at optusnet.com.au
Mon May 24 11:00:50 EDT 2010

Hi

Thanks for the reply.  My business is small vending machines so all of my
income is cash and I have been calculating GST and recording it as a
liability.  I pay GST when I purchase stock from my suppliers or have other
business expenditure.  Gnucash then subtracts this from the GST account.  I
must have misunderstood the accountant's instructions as when I presented my
paperwork for the year to her she told me that I should have ignored the GST
for both purchases and income.  Now I would like to amend my books before
she submits my return.  The only way I can see to do this would be to call
up each invoice, unpost, amend and repost it.  I am hoping there is an
easier and less time consuming method of acheiving this.