plans for adding merchandise to gnu cash invoices?

cognitive.libertarian+ml at gmail.com cognitive.libertarian+ml at gmail.com
Fri May 28 11:38:23 EDT 2010

* Guy Krenik <sdtechguy at san.rr.com> [2010-05-15 17:38]:
> Hi ya'
>
> I'm a computer tech. I provide just a few items to my customers,
> summarized from receipts transferred to my invoice, like Cat 5e
> jacks, patch cables or a patch panel. Hoping you/gnucash might add
> minimal provision for retaining purchase price for each line item
> and the subsequent ability to itemize on my invoice (as a expense
> report). I reluctant to get involved with markup / sales tax. As it
> is not cost effective..
>

> Will donate via Paypal if feature may be added

The capability is already there.  Select business::customer::new
invoice.  When you are in the edit invoice tab, you can add all the
line items you need.  For each line item, you can choose hours,
project, or material.  For merchandise, you would add a line with
"material" as the action.

-----
Reply etiquette: Please respect the mail-followup-to header and reply
only to the list.  Avoid using Reply-All so that list members do not
receive duplicates.  Thank you.