GnuCash 2.3.x/2.4 PostgreSQL Schema support?

Marcus Wolschon Marcus at Wolschon.biz
Mon May 31 00:26:27 EDT 2010

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 9:04 PM, Phil Longstaff <plongstaff at rogers.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-05-29 at 17:56 -0500, Anthony Messina wrote:
>> I would like to store the GnuCash data in a specific PostgreSQL 'gnucash'
>> schema underneath my username, rather than the 'public' schema, something
>> like:
>>
>> +amessina (Database)
>> |
>> +--+gnucash (Schema)
>> |
>> +--+public  (Default Public Schema)
>> |
>> +--+<other schema>...
>>
>> I cannot seem to figure out how to specify the schema name properly in the
>> "Save As" window.
>>
>> Is what I am looking for possible?  Again, thank you.  -A
>
> I don't know if it's possible or not.  You would need to ask someone who
> knows postgresql how it would be set up in the database and how we might
> work with it in the UI.

Schema-Names are not a database-specific feature but are are a well
established part
of table-names in any database-connection framework.
What library did you use to connect to postgreSQL, MySQL ,... and to
abstract from the
specific database used? It should be trivial to look up how to do this
in it´s documentation.

Marcus