Cash Flow Forecast (again, sorry!)

Ian X Waddington iwaddox at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 02:05:49 EST 2010

Hi

I've found many items in the archives about the possibility of there being a
Cash Flow Forecast report at some point in the future, this is great news.

I am currently thinking of switching from MS-Money UK 2005 from January 1st
2011 so just wanted to add my thoughts to the needs for such a report.

At the moment I use the Cash Flow Forecast Report (graph) in MS-Money
continuously, for my current account it shows on my home page and is used to
ensure I move money from my current account to savings to earn interest or
vice versa to avoid overdraft charges.  I have been working this way for
years and can't see how I would manage without this graph, but I am open to
ideas and change.

If someone is going to spec such a graph then for me the obvious place to
start for inspiration is MS-Money, I only use a single account view showing
existing register transactions, scheduled transactions and budget items
(These budget items are less important as for my current account everything
tends to be scheduled.)

In the meantime is there a way to determine the future balance on an account
within either the current stable version or the upcoming new release? At the
beginning of the month, after payday, I need to know how much I can transfer
to my savings account, if at all, to increase my savings and minimise the
chance of going overdrawn.  I always leave a buffer for those expected trips
to Costco which hit my current account via my Switch card, but over the
years I've learnt just how much to leave as a forecast amount. (I do not
always get it right so I just transfer some back mid-month!!)

Thank you for your help

Regards

Ian