UK Mutual Funds now not available via 'Get Quotes' function

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 21 20:12:32 EST 2010

On Nov 21, 2010, at 5:56 PM, graham smith wrote:

> Since the 5th Nov a number of UK Mutual Funds that previously returned correct values no longer work. An example fund, of the set, is Jupiter European Inc., Symbol GB0006664683GBP; Quote Source settings: Single ‘quote source’ set to Yahoo Europe; Timezone: Europe/London. Anybody else with same problem and/or solution.
>
> Graham Smith

It looks like Yahoo Europe is no longer providing price data on that fund. If you put GB0006664683 into the Get Quotes box on uk.finance.yahoo.com, you get the page

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=GB0006664683&ql=1

which shows no current price data. And attempting to get price history data gets me nothing. Perhaps the fund wanted yahoo to pay (or pay more) for access to its NAV data.

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net