Scheduled transactions

Ian X Waddington iwaddox at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 17:25:04 EST 2010

Hi

Currently looking at 2.3.17 and have two questions about scheduling and
using scheduled transactions.

Q1. Can I skip a scheduled transaction? Example, I have a regular Wednesday
transaction (manual entry) to pay for bowling, however, if I do not go the
transaction needs to be skipped, how do I do this? So far all I can see is
the enter it then delete it!!

Q2.  Can I have a different value for different future occurrences of a
schedule transaction?  Example, I have a regularly monthly transaction to
remind me to transfer money from my current account into a savings account
(this transfer is done manually on-line on my banks web-site). As the month
progresses I might adjust the expected value of this scheduled transaction
so as to transfer as much as I can into savings yet leave enough in current
so as to not go overdrawn.  So far the only option I can see is to enter the
scheduled transaction in advance then adjust its value as I go.

This has prompted another question

Q3. Can I choose to enter a scheduled transaction in advance of its due
date?

I've had a look at scheduling transactions in the concept guide but found it
difficult to follow.

Thank you for any help

Ian