Scheduled transactions

Ian X Waddington iwaddox at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 00:46:02 EST 2010

I thought I had answered one of my own questions, Q1 below.

I had set-up some tests and found that when scheduled transactions ran if I
clicked on the 'to-create' option next to the transaction I found some
options, like ignored, postpone, to-create and reminder I hoped this allowed
me to change the status of a scheduled transaction before selecting OK but
this does not seem to be the case, in fact I have found these options do not
seem to do anything.

Is anyone able to enlighten me?

Regards

Ian

Hi

Currently looking at 2.3.17 and have two questions about scheduling and
using scheduled transactions.

Q1. Can I skip a scheduled transaction? Example, I have a regular Wednesday
transaction (manual entry) to pay for bowling, however, if I do not go the
transaction needs to be skipped, how do I do this? So far all I can see is
the enter it then delete it!!

Q2.  Can I have a different value for different future occurrences of a
schedule transaction?  Example, I have a regularly monthly transaction to
remind me to transfer money from my current account into a savings account
(this transfer is done manually on-line on my banks web-site). As the month
progresses I might adjust the expected value of this scheduled transaction
so as to transfer as much as I can into savings yet leave enough in current
so as to not go overdrawn.  So far the only option I can see is to enter the
scheduled transaction in advance then adjust its value as I go.

This has prompted another question

Q3. Can I choose to enter a scheduled transaction in advance of its due
date?

I've had a look at scheduling transactions in the concept guide but found it
difficult to follow.

Thank you for any help

Ian