Investments

Dennis Powless claven123 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 03:11:36 EST 2010

Yes, I have essentially set it up the same.  The income goes into the
bank and then to the fund cash account.  I then move the money from
the cash account to buy shares in the fund.

I have an account at the same level called wealthRUs.  The parent
company that all my funds are housed.

The dividends operate the same way...  they are all handled in the
fund account, that shows income in the income account. However, I will
move it to the asset level.
I don't really use gnucash to track taxes and all that so I don't
really need it.

I really want to track the investments etc.....

Thanks for making it simple, too bad I figured it out before (with the
help of others).

One other thing... the asset cash account will continue to get smaller
if I use it for the dividends.  eg reinvest the dividends in the fund
account.  It shows a transfer of money to the asset:cash account.  How
do I off set this decrease in funds (the opposing transaction)?  I
can't zero out an asset account at the end of the year.  With the
purchase of shares and transfer of money the opposing transaction is
the income account.

Dennis