Future balance question

Ian Waddington iwaddox at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 08:43:44 EST 2010

Hi

Thank you to everyone who has helped me so far, I am making great progress
with my learning of GNUcash and have just about worked out how I can do
everything I currently do in MS-Money, however, one area of MS-Money I use a
lot is the future balance forecast for my current account.  I use it to
determine how much I should transfer at the month end to savings without
risk of going overdrawn during the next month.

The future balance or forecast takes into account

   - Transactions already entered into the current account
   - Scheduled transactions for the current account
   - Budgeted transactions (not really interested in these though)

It uses the above the produce a graph and a transaction based running
balance report for any future period specified, this can be a preselected
next month, 90, day or 12 months etc or you can specify custom dates.

It is possible to do something similar with GNUcash? Or to ask the question
another way, how do I monitor the balance of my current account to ensure I
do not go overdrawn whilst at the same time not having a high balance of
cash which should be earning interest in a savings account?

Thank you for your help
Ian
(I am using 2.3.17)