Transactions lost when importing ofx file

Tim T. tim.timmerman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 15:10:58 EST 2010

Hi,

maybe somebody can help me debug this:
When importing an ofx file generated using the mtconverter.jar, with source
input from a mt940 file provided  by ABN Amro, I find that certain
transactions never get entered in to the account. They are simply not
present in the screen presented during import.

Only common factor seems to be that these are recurring transactions against
my main account, which I then manually "pay from reservations"

(I.e. every first of the month, I transfer money to "reservation" accounts,
which represent things like mortgage, taxes etc. When the payment is made
from my main checking account, I then book the transaction from the
reservation account. I find this helps me manage my budget better)

I've also noticed that one particular payment has been missed twice in
succession, and a second payment has been missed once, so far.

The main question: How do I debug/repair this ? I've got the logs, and the
xac files, but I don't know how to interpret them.

Also, I've noticed that gnucash seems to automagically assing certain
transactions to certain accounts.. Is there a way to make gnucash forget
these rules ? (I think it may be related, but I can't be sure.)

Suggestions are welcome, input files only on request.. not going to put my
banking details on the internet.

Thanks,
TimT.