Newby question: Reports across accounts and for specific dates

EricC ericcooper2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 24 19:43:20 EST 2010

Hello,
  I am the treasurer for a local youth sports organization. I manage income
and expenses, incoming being mostly player registration fees and expenses
being things such as uniforms, trophies, training expenses etc. The previous
treasurer used Quicken and I imported his QIF file which has data for the
past 10 years into gnucash. In doing so various accounts appear one each for
the categories listed above. I can add to these accounts no problem and now
I want to do statements (or summaries) that span the multiple accounts and
for the most recent calendar year. Is there a way to do this and if this is
documented somewhere please let me know.

regards,
Eric