S-Corp Distributions and GNUCash

Anthony Dardis adardis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 21:41:58 EST 2010

(a) you can create a Retained Earnings account

(b) are there two sets of books involved here, one for the S-corp, one for
you? The distribution from checking for the S-corp should (?) reduce
equity for the S-corp; but then you are receiving the distribution, so
that comes in to *your* books as (I'm guessing) income (so for you, a
transaction from income to whereever the money actually ends up)?