Save As MySQL is crashing gnucash

Ian X Waddington iwaddox at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 09:29:24 EST 2010

HI

Thank you, there is some good advice here. I do actually have a laptop with Ubuntu 10.10 on but have never considered using it as my 'proper' machine, we just use it occasionally as a spare machine and for the odd job that just seems too hard on Windows.

My PC is currently dual booting XP & Windows 7 so I'd be quite comfortable switching to Windows 7 & Ubuntu; I guess switching over completely is just a question of confidence and as Don pointed out taking a backup with Acronis removes most of the risk anyway and provides an easy way back.

Most of the stuff I do seems to be readily available for Ubuntu, I guess what I'm looking for is the site that lists the most popular Ubuntu equivalents to all the popular Windows application, I am sure one must exist.

I think for now I'm going to move my 'move from MS-Money to GnuCash' project onto my Ubuntu laptop as this seems to be the most popular option and by the sounds of it more reliable but unless I can find a way of getting a future forecast balance for my checking account (or any other account for that matter) I will be forced to stick with MS-Money.  I couldn't possible live with the stress of not knowing whether I'm about to go overdrawn or not.

Colin, do you mind me asking what you are using to produce your SQL reports?

Anyway, I am going to have to do more testing on Win 7 though for no other reason than it is annoying me!!

Regards

Ian