accts_examples1.html "clean GnuCash file" means what?

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 27 20:59:53 EST 2010

Jake--

Take a look at http://code.gnucash.org/docs/help/acct-hierarchy.html

For some reason, you're looking at docs for 1.8, and you want the more current ones. That page points out that File->New File will get you a "Clean" file, and the opening set of account dialogs.

Gnucash automatically tries to open the last file you had open, so that is why you keep getting the old one.

You generally won't want to create another Assets account if there's one there already.

HTH,
David