Remove Bills?

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Nov 30 03:51:35 EST 2010

On Tuesday 30 November 2010, David T. wrote:
> Is there any way to delete a bill that you don't want any more? I was
> trying out some Accounts Payable tricks, and now have a bunch of spurious
> bills I'd like to delete...

Other than hand-editing your source file, there is no way to delete a bill.

There are two other ways to get rid of them though:
* set it as non-active. That way it will be hidden from most views by default.
* Reuse it for a future bill. If you unpost the unwanted bill (be sure to
first remove all payments you did for this bill in this case), you can edit
each and every property of it, including the owner, date and bill id. So when
you have a new bill to enter in GnuCash, instead of creating a new bill,
modify the unwanted one.

Geert