Possible to view a flattened account tree?

... offonoffoffonoff at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 11:54:38 EDT 2010

I have divided my checking account into several sub accounts for budgeting
purposes.  It is more practical for our purposes than the budgeting tools
gnucash has.

Anyways, as well as this works,it is difficult to reconcile with the bank
records because transactions are spread accross the various sub accounts.  I
could do a "save as" and delete the sub accounts for the purpose of
reconciling, and then remember the necessary changes to apply to the
original file.

It would be better if I could just view the checking account transactions
with all the subaccount transactions included in it.  To view the
transactions of a flattened tree.

Is this possible somehow?

(when python bindings become available, it would be easy to create this
functionality, but that time has not come yet).

thanks,
Elliot