Record one cheque covering multiple bills

Keith Clark keithclark at waterloosubstop.com
Tue Oct 12 13:29:59 EDT 2010

Maybe I am not explaining my issue properly.  Here are the details.

Accounts Payable, Bell Canada.
Two invoices, #000004 $201.36, #000017 $211.50

I made a payment of $412.86.

When I enter it into the Cheque Book register, I cannot seem to be able
to assign the payment to each individual bill.  The bills still remain
unpaid, but the Accounts Receivable-Bell Canada account is adjusted
properly overall.

Keith