Some questions (i.e. temporary entries)

Harry hvb.box at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 07:48:38 EDT 2010

Hello all,

I consider using GNU-cash for my bookkeeping, so I am rather new to Gnucash.
I have some questions which I could not easily find in the documentation,
maybe someone can please advise me about next questions ?

- Is it possible to make entries and while entering mark them as temporary
(e.g. for entries which still need to be verified). And can they be made
permanent at a later stage (e.g. when verification has been completed) or
withdrawn (e.g. when verification fails) ? And how can this be done ? Or is
it only possible to make permanent entries (and when you want to correct the
only thing you can do is make an additional entry which reverses the
previous entry)?

- Is it possible to use this possibility of temporay entries (previous
issue) in several journals simultaneously ?

- Is it possible to see ledger-accounts on screen or in print including
entries not yet permanent ?

- Is it possible to change the description of an entry / description of a
ledgeraccount-line after the initiating entry has been made permanent ?

Thanks very much in advance,
Brgds Harry