Some questions (i.e. temporary entries)

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Mon Oct 18 16:32:57 EDT 2010

>Gnucash is a great program for personal use. It is pretty easy to use, but it is not for people worried about controls and audits. It just doesn't have any control/audit features that traditional accounting/bookkeeping has.
>
>HTH
>
>Paul

Easy to fix runs counter to "good practice" in bookkeeping. So yes, you
can edit entries, but "proper practice" is to offset them by a
correction entry so that an audit trail remains.

If using GnuCash for more formal purposes you can get some of the "can't
change" effect by burning copies of the file (and a copy could be handed
off out of your personal control). That's what I do for the
organizations for which I am using GnuCash to keep their books.

Michael