Error Message

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Oct 26 15:41:17 EDT 2010

On Tuesday 26 October 2010 20:03:47 Peter Sell wrote:
> GnuCash could not obtain the lock for C:\Users\Peter Sell\AUGUS 2010
> TRANSACTION REPORT.
>
> Could this have anything to do with my inability to import OFX files and
> print transaction reports?
>
> Again, thanks for direct answers to help the unlearned!

Hi,

Not familiar with the windows versions of GC, but on Linux systems, error
messages of this type usually indicate that a previous session of GC didn't
exit cleanly.

If you are sure that there isn't another instance of GC running with that data
file open, you should be safe to click the "open anyway" option.

Don't think that this will be related to your import or printing problems.

The only thing that I can suggest for your printing problem is to get the
report generated in GC, click the "Export" toolbar button, (which will save
the report as a HTML file) - then print it from the browser of your choice.

HTH,
Maf.