General Ledger entries not getting to accounts

Yawar Amin yawar.amin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 19:04:33 EDT 2010

Hi,

On 2010-09-03, at 07:38, Keith Clark wrote:

> I have just begun using GnuCash and after my first couple of entries
> into my General Ledger, my entries are no longer being posted to the
> appropriate accounts.
>
> I have entered the daily sales into my sales account and the cash into
> my petty cash account.  The transaction was recorded and is balanced.
>
> When I check my Accounts, the sales account shows a 0 balance as does
> the petty cash account.  The income/expense report also shows no balance
> in the sales account.
>
> Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Could you send us an example GnuCash XML file, stripped of all sensitive information? Creating a new file and entering a few mock transactions is pretty easy, as you probably know, thanks to the New Account Hierarchy Setup wizard. You just have to make sure you choose Data Format: xml in the Save As... box at the end (this doesn't apply if you're using version 2.2.9, it will be xml by default).

If we get the chance to examine a data file, hopefully we can figure out the problem.

Hope this helps,

Yawar