Move Transactions

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Sep 6 00:59:51 EDT 2010

On Sep 5, 2010, at 9:18 PM, Jhonnatan Perkins wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Is there any way in 2.2.9 to move transactions in a given account to another
> one?
> It beats me as I can't find an easy way to do this, except by manual copy &
> paste... but I need a MASSIVE move :)
>
> Thanks for your time !!!

In general, no. You must visit each transaction that you want to move in "split mode" and change the account on the split to the correct one.

There's a special case where all (or almost all) of the transactions in the "old" account must be moved and the "new" account is either empty or does not yet exist. In that case you can edit the "old" account and turn it into the "new" account (delete the "new" account first if it already exists). If it was a "nearly all" case, then you can create a new "old" account and move the appropriate transaction splits to it.

Regards,
John Ralls