postgresql/mysql

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.idps.co.uk
Thu Sep 9 08:51:10 EDT 2010

On Thursday September 9 2010 12:02:54 Geert Janssens wrote:
> On Thursday 9 September 2010, Paddy Walker wrote:
> > Thank you Derek & Geert for your very prompt assistance. I now have all
> >
> >  three options, mysql, postgresql & xml, in the dropdown list following
> >  "save as". Use of either mysql or postgresql gives a similar error
> >  message.
> >
> > For mysql "The server at URL mysql;//yarelea:(password)@localhost
> >
> >  experienced an error or encountered bad or corrupt data."
> >
> > There is no other indication of any problems with the data file. Any
> > ideas
> >
> >  as to what it does not like ?
> >
> > Paddy
>
> Paddy,
>
> I assume mysql;// is a typo and was meant to be mysql:// ? Anyway, I don't
> think you can enter that character yourself, so if there really is a ; in
> the error message, you have hit a serious bug which we should correct.
>
> I don't remember which operating system you use, can you tell us please ?
>
> And can you also post the trace file GnuCash generates (see
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_Something_bad_happened.3B_how_can_I_hel
> p_debug.3F)
>
> Can you connect to the mysql server via other means ? For example via the
> mysql command line tool ?
>
> Geert

I had similar messages when saving as mysql, and sqlite with data from an xml
file containing 3 years worth if business data.  I ignored the message and then
checked whether all my transactions were present in mysql.  They were, or at
least nothing I could see missing.  With subsequent save_as xml then another
save_as mysql there was no error message.  I never found out what the problem
was.  I mentioned it in Bug 611936 and the devel mailing list.  I assumed it
was unique to me/my data so forgot about it.  A newly created, almost empty,
xml file saves_as mysql with no errors.

Mike E

--
GPG Key: 1024D/050895C2