[ANN] Interactive visualization of expenses with expensefs!

Noam Yorav-Raphael noamraph at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 09:40:27 EDT 2010

Hello,

I just wanted to let you know of a nice little hack I made. Baobab is
a disk usage analyzer, and has a very nice visualization of how much
disk space directories on your disk are taking - you can see the
recursive organization, focus on some parts, and when hovering over a
part it shows what you're looking at.

I thought that checking where my money goes is pretty much the same
problem as checking where my disk space is used.

So I wrote a small Python program which reads the gnucash xml file and
makes a virtual filesystem, that if you view with Baobab lets you
explore all of your expenses.

Here's a screenshot: http://imgur.com/MuPLb.png
And you can get the code here: http://code.google.com/p/expensefs/

You just need to check out the code and run two commands to see it in
action, so try it out and let me know what you think!

Noam