Delete an account

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 15 14:07:20 EDT 2010

Graham Sunderland <gsunderland at blueyonder.co.uk> writes:

>  Hi there,
> I have been using Quicken 2004 which came pre-installed in a computer
> bought about 2005 which is no longer supported by Intuit and will nor
> run on a new computer (windows 7).  I have imported the old files to
> GNUCASH but some of the transfers have not been successful and I want
> to delete some but not all of the imported files .  I cannot find how
> to do this from the help pages.  Any suggestions

Are you trying to delete transactions or delete an account?  I'm not
sure I understand.  Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "some of the
transfers have not been successful."

To delete an account you just select it and click on the "delete
account" button, however this wont delete all the transactions in the
account, it will just move them to another account (or the Imbalance
account).

If you want to delete transactions I'm afraid you must do so one at a
time.

Or you could just start over from scratch:  File -> New -> New File

Then you could try the imports and save your file at every step so if
the import fails you can fall back to the last save.