gnucash and ubuntu

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 27 11:35:03 EDT 2010

Rich Duzenbury <rduz at theduz.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've been running gnucash on Ubuntu Hardy for quite awhile, and now I want
> to upgrade my workstation to Ubuntu Lucid.
>
> GnuCash on Hardy appears to be version 2.2.4
> GnuCash on Lucid appears to be version 2.2.9
>

> What precautions, other than backing up my data file, do I need to take to
> make sure everything will still work?

None.  2.2.4 -> 2.2.9 should be seamless, as far as GnuCash is
concerned.  Just be sure to backup your full homedir if you want not
only your data file but your preference settings to copy from Hardy to
Lucid.  In particular you'll want to save/copy your gconf settings as
well as the contents your ~/.gnucash folder (but that should be saved
when you migrate your homedir).

> Thank you.
>

> Regards,
> Rich