Invoice

David Langer dlangerpi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 11:00:13 EDT 2010

Creating a variable would allow, I am assuming, that portion of the
invoice to be customised to suit the method of payment.
For example, if the client deposited a retainer to start, then was
invoiced, that invoice would show a memo that they paid from the
retainer or trust account and the outstanding balance. Without a
variable I would then need to change the code again if their next
payment for example was by cash. Furthermore, the next invoice would
be difficult since it would have to describe both the retainer payment
method and the cash method.

On 9/28/10, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
> David Langer <dlangerpi at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Thank you for your replies.
>>
>> My problem is that I need to show the source of the payment; I realize now
>> that if I change that line (399) of invoice.scm it will only reflect
>> one description method at a time. That is, if the invoice shows several
>> cash
>> payments and one retainer payment, then either the description will be all
>> "from retainer" or all "paid by cash".
>>
>> Is this right? Am I interpreting the file correctly?
>
> If you change the hard-coded string to another hard-coded string then it
> will affect all payments, yes.  If you change the hard-coded string to
> something else, like something that depends on the transaction, then you
> could make it variable.
>
>>     Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
>>     You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
>
> -derek
>
> --

Sent from my mobile device

This email is intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is
addressed, and is strictly private and confidential. Copying or
circulation of this email, and/or its attachments; and/or its
hyperlinks; and/or its embedded text, images or movies, contained in
this email or in its attachments, is not authorized by the sender. If
you have received this email in error please reply back to me ASAP and
delete what you have received so that the error may be corrected.