Invoice

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.idps.co.uk
Tue Sep 28 12:17:13 EDT 2010

On Tuesday September 28 2010 16:03:22 David Langer wrote:
> Regarding my last statement, I meant that if the client paid a cash
> amount after I had used the retainer, the invoice would need to show
> each payment method in the respective row.

Fist make a backup.

Depending on which version you are using.
For version 2.2.9, in file invoice.scm at about line 399 find the lines:

	(if (description-col used-columns)
	    (addto! row (_ "Payment, thank you")))

and replace with :

(if (description-col used-columns)
	(let* ((t (xaccSplitGetParent split))
				(m1 (xaccSplitGetMemo split)))
				(addto! row  m1)))

Make a backup first.

This will put the contents of the memo box (when you made a payment) into the
appropriate line.  If you want to change the memo afterwards you can do it in
Accounts Receivable.

Oh, and don't forget the backup.

Mike E

--