A quickfill problem and an enhancement suggestion

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 5 17:31:24 EDT 2011

On 4/5/2011 2:53 PM, Geert Janssens wrote:
>> If you type over the existing autofill but with a different case, you see
>> what was there originally, not what you're typing.  It's quite confusing
>> when what you type is not what you see.
>>
>> Aside from the fact that it requires someone to go to the effort of
>> implementing my suggestion that an initial backspace cancels autofill, are
>> there any problems with the idea itself?
> No, as far as I'm concerned the idea is good. I don't know how much effort it
> would be to implement though.
>
> Geert
Somehow my reply to the original comment stating that in the case of
auto fill the backspace key only deletes the extra characters but not
the last character typed was lost.  Paul, your suggestion has already
been implemented.

Continuing along this line, if the up arrow and down arrow selected
alternate choices or opened a list of alternates to choose from, that
would make me a very happy camper.

David L Carlson