Report question: cash flow for 2010

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 8 12:58:45 EDT 2011

On 4/8/2011 11:01 AM, brad wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-04-08 at 11:08 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> On Fri, April 8, 2011 11:02 am, Paul Abrahams wrote:
>>> The
>>> documentation is of little help.  I'm sure I'll want many other
>>> variations,
>>> but getting this first simple one is the beginning.
>> Once you run the report, open the Report Options dialog by clicking on the
>> "Options" button on the toolbar.  Then you can reconfigure the report for
>> whatever you'd like, including setting different dates.
>>
> Since this seems to be easily overlooked by the 1st timer and some of
> the default reports can take a long to time run,  has it been considered
> to open up the Options dialog by default when a report is run?

Paul makes a good point.  Better documentation is desperately needed.  I
also like Brad's suggestion.

I think another option should be to select fonts and font sizes.  In
particular, he Transaction Report *Shouts* in extremely large type,
burning a lot of paper and toner or ink.  A print preview would also
help, so we know in advance that the report will take half a ream of
paper to print.

David Carlson.

David Carlson