Report question: cash flow for 2010

Paul Abrahams abrahams at acm.org
Fri Apr 8 14:24:00 EDT 2011

On Friday, April 08, 2011 11:08:22 AM Derek Atkins wrote:

> On Fri, April 8, 2011 11:02 am, Paul Abrahams wrote:
> > I want to generate a cash flow report for the calendar year 2010.  I'd
> > think
> > that would be one of the simplest and easiest reports to generate, but it
> > doesn't seem to be.  If I  go to Reports / Income and Liabilities / Cash
> > Flow,
> > I get a report for 2011 with no obvious way of changing the date range.
> > The
> > documentation is of little help.  I'm sure I'll want many other
> > variations,
> > but getting this first simple one is the beginning.
>
> Once you run the report, open the Report Options dialog by clicking on the
> "Options" button on the toolbar.  Then you can reconfigure the report for
> whatever you'd like, including setting different dates.

What confused me -- and probably should be fixed in the future -- was that the
available actions changed between when I requested the report and when it
appeared.  Since the action bar was greyed out in the meantime, I didn't
notice the change.

I'll endorse the point that the generation of the default  report is time-
consuming, and that time is usually wasted.

Paul