Scheduled transactions by week number

Fred Bone Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com
Sun Apr 10 15:26:40 EDT 2011

Please copy replies to the list. Especially if you're asking a question
you want answered.

On 10 April 2011 at 19:19, David Sumbler said:

> On Sun, 2011-04-10 at 18:53 +0100, Fred Bone wrote:
> > On 10 April 2011 at 11:34, jomali said:
> >
> > > Your request seems reasonable. However, until your change is
> > > implemented (which could take a very long time) you could schedule
> > > your transactions for the last friday of the month before the payment
> > > is to be made, but not have them automatically entered. Then, when the
> > > Since last run... window appears, tick the Review created transactions
> > > box and adjust the date (and amount, if necessary) of the created
> > > transaction. It will appear as a future transaction in the register,
> > > but in only two weeks it will appear as it should.
> >
> > And to deal with the 4/5 week question, make it a parameterised
> > transaction, with the parameter being the number of weeks; the amount
> > would be computed as this times the (presumably fixed) weekly amount.
>
> How is that done?

Enter an expression in the value field. For example, and assuming I'm
right in thinking that Class II NICs are £2.50/week, you might put
 weeks*2.5

> I can't find a reference to it in the GnuCash help, nor
> an obvious field to enter it in the Scheduled Transactions editor.

It's somewhere in the doc, or I wouldn't know about it. Perhaps someone
else can point you in the right direction - I don't have time.

See also the wiki
<http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_How_do_I_use_variables_and_formula_in_scheduled_transactions.3F>