Scheduled transactions by week number

David Sumbler david at aeolia.co.uk
Mon Apr 11 04:28:43 EDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-04-10 at 16:02 +0000, peterunderwood1 at gmail.com wrote:
> As a further encouragement to make changes to include the simple
> formula 1st/2nd etc Mon/Tue/Wed etc of the month, U.S. Social Security
> payments are made using this method of payment date. I suggest this
> means there may be very large numbers of users who would like this
> feature rather than manual entries every month for the rest of their
> lives :)

There must be something about these Social Security payments!  The Class
2 NIC payments I mentioned are the British equivalent.  The payment is
made on 2nd Friday of the month, and is £2.50 times the number of
Sundays in the previous calendar month!

That would be fairly easy to program in many scripting languages
(Python, for instance), but whether GnuCash allows such sophistication I
need others to tell me.

David