unresponsive get accounts

Jerome Bias Bias at peoplepc.com
Mon Apr 11 12:54:59 EDT 2011

I have used Gnucash 2.29 and have been greatly impressed.  thank you for
a great program.

I am setting up 2.4.5 on the laptop win xp pro.

I followed the directions for defining a user account. Found all of the
required information and input it.  I requested a download of accounts,
entered password, and accepted the certificate.  A window appeared  , a
connection to the bank was formed, a message of "waiting for response"
was given,  long long pause and then the window closed.   No accounts
were downloaded.  When I went to edit the user I found that  the bank
code is there, but no other information is listed.

I also noticed that the test url button User configuration:ofx is grayed
out.

Any suggestions or system adjustments I might need to make.

thank you.

Jerome