Upgrade to 2.4.5

FireFly fireflys_98 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 01:22:35 EDT 2011

--- On Thu, 4/14/11, Dennis Powless <claven123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to update my GC from
> 2.2.9 on Ubuntu 10.10 to the last
> stable release of 2.4.5
>
> I have seen bits a pieces here about building it vs using
> synaptic.
>
> I was looking for instructions on how to do this and found
> the wiki,
> but it doesn't specifically mention how to use the get deb
> and what
> are the three packages I need.  Also, I see things
> about guile
> configuration  and slib.  Not sure how to do
> that.
>
> Or, should I wait until synaptic has the latest
> version?  Or wait
> until the next ubuntu comes out?

Not sure about getdeb, did try it but didn't seem to get anywhere with it (just got errors).

11.04 looks like it's going to have 2.4.2 (been stuck at that one for a while in the testing, so I'm assuming given that it's April it's not suddenly going to be updated)

I normally follow these instructions

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building#Ubuntu_10.04_LTS_.28Lucid_Lynx.29

And they work just fine for building 2.4.5 in 10.04, not sure if there is anything more in 10.10 that would need to be done.

- James Duerr

E-mail: FireFlys_98 at yahoo.com