Upgrade to 2.4.5

Dennis Powless claven123 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 15:53:11 EDT 2011

I was hoping there was a simple update site with directions.....

I have ubuntu 10.10 with GC 2.2.9

1. Delete the old Gnucash and all the files. (Save my data files.....)
     a. not sure on the exact location and names of files
2. Do I need to use subversion?
3. See below for building, I assume this is what I have to do?

These are the directions from  http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building

Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx)

The instructions is very similar to Ubuntu 9.10.

First, we need install all dependencies of building GnuCash.

sudo aptitude build-dep gnucash
sudo aptitude install texinfo subversion intltool libdbi0-dev
libdbd-{sqlite3,pgsql,mysql} guile-1.8 guile-1.8-dev doxygen
libwebkit-dev

Since Ubuntu/Debian doesn't have guile-1.8-slib, which is actually
just a softlink to slib, we create the softlink and generate the
catalog manually.

cd /usr/share/guile/1.8
sudo ln -s ../../slib slib
sudo guile -c "(use-modules (ice-9 slib)) (require 'new-catalog)"

(((((******''''' Does the part in parenthases get typed onto the
terminal??????????

And then we create the directories for source code and installation,
and check out source code from SVN trunk:

mkdir -p ~/unstable ~/development
rm -rf ~/unstable/gnucash ~/development/gnucash
cd ~/development
svn co http://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash/trunk gnucash
cd gnucash

Then, we build it by following commands:

./autogen.sh
./configure --prefix=$HOME/unstable/gnucash --enable-debug
--enable-doxygen --enable-error-on-warning --enable-compile-warnings
make all install

If there is no any errors, we can run it:

~/unstable/gnucash/bin/gnucash

So, does this get me Gnucash 2.4.5?????  or the nightly build or
unstable version?  How to I get v 2.4.5 instead of the unstable
version and what does the trunk or non trunk mean?

Dennis