Balancing checking account with bank statement

baconmaker leanbaconmaker at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 11:58:10 EDT 2011

Maf.King is on the right track.  One other possibility to look for is an
outstanding deposit(s) or check(s) from December or earlier, which you were
not aware of, and which did not clear until February. My only experience
with GnuCash is one reconciliation, with made up numbers, but it seemed to
work the same as my experience with Quickbooks.  But if it reconciled in
January the only explanation would be a change to a reconciled item or an
old outstanding item(s) which you were not aware of.  Keep us posted on what
you find you have my curiosity up.