Stock Price / Exchange Rates Used while Closing Book

Prasad Marla prasadmn at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 02:08:32 EDT 2011

Hi Gurus

Which stock price / exchange rate does Gnucash use when closing the book ?

For example if I am closing the book for FY2011 on 31/03/2011 - I expect
Gnucash to use the prices / rates maintained for 31/03/2011 (or
prior-nearest)  for doing the valuation and calculating the unrealised gain
/ loss and doing the carry forward to the next year . However, Gnucash seems
to be using the last maintained - in my case it used the exchange rate
maintained for 15/04/2011 !!

Is there a setting I have missed ? I could not find anything under
preferances / documentation.

 Apologies in case this has been answered earlier - I could not find a
thread with the search...and would appreciate being pointed to the right
one.

Regards
Prasad