Spam:*****, Re: Time range for reports

Colin Scott gnucash at double-bars.net
Thu Apr 28 07:07:00 EDT 2011

> Once the report has run the first time you can set the options as
> you like them, then save the report with those options as a Custom
> Report.  To do this you need to change the report's name, then you
> are able to click 'Add Report', which then saves it.  The report will
> then be available under Custom Reports. This is very useful if you run
> certain reports often.

This is true - but the entire report management system is *horribly* clunky, and pointing out another clunky mechanism does nothing to reduce the clunkiness of the mechanism being complained about.  *If* the reports system included facilities to re-save, save-as and delete, all without needing to keep changing the report name, then grinding out a report before offering the opportunity to change the options might just about be acceptable.  As it doesn't, it isn't!  :-)

In my view the entire reports system needs a serious, ground-up, seeing-to ...

Colin