Changing the HOME folder in 2.4.0

Frustrated kaszubowski at GMail.com
Sat Apr 30 09:48:27 EDT 2011

Hi.  I'm new to GnuCash and am struggling to figure out (I haven't been a
working programmer since the 1980s ...) how to redirect these dot files to
somewhere (anywhere!) other than my User directory.  I've managed to modify
the "environment" file with various new lines, but nothing I do seems to
make any difference and I'm not familiar enough with the way the syntax is
described to parse out the right line to add.  Help!--