Budget Intermediate totals

Oliver Kiddle okiddle at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 2 06:40:50 EDT 2011

In the past I've used a spreadsheet for budgeting but decided to try the
internal GnuCash feature this year. I have a budget for 2011 split into
12 monthly periods.

What I can't find is anyway to get details of the year so far. With
the budget report, the entire budget for the whole year is given in the
totals column. Perhaps, I shouldn't have filled in budgets for all 12
periods and should plan each month as it goes? In that case, it'd have
been harder to plan the budget for the whole year at the beginning,
allowing for expenses that aren't spread evenly between the 12 months
of the year.  It would be nice to have one column where you can plan
the total budget over all 12 periods so that you can defer each monthly
budget to the start of the month.

Is there a way to get the totals for, say, just the first 7 periods of
the budget.

Thank you

Oliver