Error parsing file

skidz martel.felix at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 20:56:56 EDT 2011

I've looked at several posts concerning this issue, and haven't found a
solution.

I'm getting the dreaded "There was an error parsing the file", but not only
on my data file, but all of my backup files since the day I started using
gnucash.

My environment:
Windows 7 SP1 64-bit
GnuCash v2.4.7 (upgraded from 2.4.6 in an effort to fix my problem)

GnuCash data files and the .gnucash folder are in the default location, at
the root of my user folder

I'm unable to open any of my data files from day 1. I've spent countless
hours transferring my household accounting over to this program. HELP!