Fw: Self-Reversing Journal Entry

Phil Longstaff phil.longstaff at yahoo.ca
Wed Aug 3 16:59:26 EDT 2011

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Phil Longstaff <phil.longstaff at yahoo.ca>
To: Chris Milner <chrismilner at yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 3, 2011 4:59:04 PM
Subject: Re: Self-Reversing Journal Entry

Components of a split transaction can't have different dates.

There is a "duplicate transaction" which will duplicate a transaction and allow you to enter the date for the duplicate.  I think it's in the pop-up menu when you select a transaction.  Maybe there should be a "reverse transaction" which is similar but which converts debits to credits and vice versa.