How to install Finance:quote? Windows 7

Ajax mawfez at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 7 16:31:34 EDT 2011

Fred Bone wrote:

> On 7 August 2011 at 6:42, Ajax said:
>
>> Trying to install finance quote.  Using windows7.  Entered “Install
>> Online Price Retrieval” in the "Run" command and nothing happened.
>>
>> Actually got an error message  Windows cannot find Install.   Already
>> downloaded Active Perl, whatever that is.
>
> Try running it from the Start->Programs->Gnucash menu item, as instructed
> in the wiki
> <http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Windows#Finance::Quote>

Here's what the wiki says

Finance::Quote

For online retrieval of price quotes, you will need to install Perl and
Finance::Quote. Download and install ActivePerl 5.8 or 5.10. Use 32-bit
version, even on 64-bit Windows. If prompted, you don't have to provide
contact details, just choose the MSI installer for your system. Then, use
the start menu item "Install Online Price Retrieval" from the GnuCash group
to install the necessary Perl modules and verify the setup.

On versions 2.2.6 and before, you will have to use ActivePerl 5.8. The menu
item on older versions is "Install Finance-Quote."

My question is The start menu where?  windows?  Perl?  gnucash?

Windows doesn't work, as I already posted

Gnucash has no start menu

Active perl is on my machine, but I have no idea what it does or how it
works, so maybe that's it/