How to "close" an savings account?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 10 09:26:50 EDT 2011

David Carlson <carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net> writes:

> On 8/9/2011 2:22 PM, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> "David T." <sunfish62 at yahoo.com> writes:
>>
>>> Colin--
>>>
>>> I reported this as a bug (#397135) back in 2007, along with the workaround. I have come to see it as a "Quirk" rather than a bug.
>> It is arguable whether it is a bug or feature that you can hide an
>> account from the CoA but leave it in the autofill/popup menu.  It's also
>> arguable whether it's a bug or feature that hiding from the
>> autofill/popup is tied to making the account read-only.
>>
>> *shrugs*
>>
>>> David
>> -derek
>>
> If something is truly arguable, Then each side has merit to some people,
> doesn't it?  That would be an indication that there should be an option
> to select either side.

Sorry, but being arguable that it's a bug or feature does NOT imply that
there needs to be an option..  It means there needs to be discussion and
possibly decide we need to change the meanings (or labels) of some of
the (currently two) flags.

Perhaps we need to change the meanings so that both hidden and
placeholder hide the account from the autofill/popup menu.