Credit split transactions

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Sun Aug 14 08:09:42 EDT 2011

>I'm new to this program and am having extreme problems with split
>transactions that decrease the checking account. (and with transactions between checking accounts)

There are two sorts of questions you can have. One is how do I use
gnucash to do my bookkeeping meaning that you have some idea how you
would do bookkeeping by other methods (say the old fashioned pen and ink
on paper) but don't know the gnucash way to do this. The other is that
you are new to bookkeeping in all its aspects, don't know anything.

The examples given are mostly trying to help folks with the first sort
of problem. It isn't really fair to expect the gnucash guides to be more
than a review of the fundamental concepts involved with keeping a set of
double entry books. If you are really starting from scratch and never
kept books before (by any method) you probably need to read an
"introduction to bookkeeping" text.

Michael