Create Purchase Order

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 15 11:47:53 EDT 2011

Maf King <maf at chilwell.net> writes:

> On Monday 15 Aug 2011 06:10:38 amirah wrote:
>> Hi. I using GnuCash version 2.4.5 and want to know how to create Purchase
>> Order in GnuCash 2.4.5? Hope u all can help me.
>>

> Hi,
>
> AFAIK, gnucash doesn't have any PO generating or tracking support built into
> it.

There are some hooks for it, sorta, but Maf is correct that there is no
real PO support.  When you generate invoices (or bills) there are two
references, your reference (the Invoice ID), and their reference
(Billing ID).   One of these would be a PO #, effectively, sort of.

At one point I was working on an "Order" object, but that was never
completed.  The code may or may not still be there and/or work.  And
AFAIK it's certainly not in the UI.