gnucash in xp

Harold hh6199 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 18 21:00:45 EDT 2011

I have been using Gnucash under Ubuntu for two or three years with no problems. So after getting a new pc because lightning got the one I was using, I decided to try Gnucash in my windows xp os. I installed version 2.4.7, reboot, start Gnucash, open a backup and make changes and do a saveas and rename it. Then I close and try to re-open the file and I get the error about parsing the file showing the path where the main file is located. I read the faqs about not saving the file with the same name as the backup that I had opened.

I noticed before I did the saveas that there was no save option. So I figured it would have the save option when I opened back up. Haven't been able to re-open the file.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Is there a version better in XP than 2.4.7 stable?

Thanks,
Harold