GC 2.4 windows7 aqbanking issue

Sarastro gnu.papageno at xoxy.net
Mon Aug 22 12:49:13 EDT 2011

Michael P. Reilly wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using gnucash 2.4.2 on Ubuntu 11.04.
>
> Myself, I have no issues, but it did take a while to set up.  Right now,
> I'm
> getting bullets for all characters in the aqbanking app, but the
> configuration files are under ~/.aqbanking/settings.
>
> The backend is aqofxconnect.
>
> userName is your full name
> userId and customerId are your USAA number
> country is "US" (which may be set by default)
> bankCode is "314074269"
> org is "USAA"
> fid is "24591"
> serverAddr is "https://service2.usaa.com/ofx/OFXServlet"
>
> As I said, I can't access the information through the app, but let me know
> if these values give you problems.
>
>   -Arcege

Thanks for the help.  However those are the settings I am using,
unsuccessfully I am afraid.

The Aqbanking display problem was fixed in a newer version of gwenhyfar.  I
believe using version 4.2.1 should solve the bullet display problem.

However, when using Aqbanking, I am not able to select the USAA accounts (I
have credit card as well as checking) which I want to link to the download.
Under the OFX Direct Connect User Setup window, Bank Settings tab, when
retrieving the account list, I receive the following error message:

11:39:40 Sending request...
11:39:40 Connecting to server...
11:39:40 Resolving hostname "service2.usaa.com" ...
11:39:40 IP address is "167.24.20.44"
11:39:40 Connecting to "service2.usaa.com"
11:39:40 Connected to "service2.usaa.com"
11:39:40 Connected.
11:39:40 Sending message...
11:39:40 Message sent.
11:39:40 Waiting for response...
11:39:40 Waiting for response...
11:39:40 HTTP-Status: 400 (Bad Request)
11:39:40 Operation finished, you can now close this window.

If I try to retrieve either USAA transactions or balances using the Online
Actions menu withing Gnucash, the program quickly terminates and closes.
There has been a bug filed by some one with this same quick close problem
but I believe it has something to do with the account configuration erros in
Aqbanking.

I will add that I successfully setup and use Aqbanking for American Express
downloads, but after spending too much time trying, the USAA connection
simply does not work for me.