GC 2.4 windows7 aqbanking issue

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Aug 22 18:23:05 EDT 2011

On Aug 22, 2011, at 2:54 PM, Martin Preuss wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Montag 22 August 2011, Sarastro wrote:
> [...]
>> If I try to retrieve either USAA transactions or balances using the Online
>> Actions menu withing Gnucash, the program quickly terminates and closes.
>> There has been a bug filed by some one with this same quick close problem
>> but I believe it has something to do with the account configuration erros
>> in Aqbanking.
> [...]
>
> The quick-closing of the log window was the decision of the gnucash
> developer(s). The AqBanking family doesn't close the window by itself. In
> fact, other AqBanking aware applications keep the window open until the user
> closes it and that's what I always recommended (at least for dialogs which
> contain important information like error messages or warnings).

Actually, it's the user's decision: It's a preference item, under "Online Banking".

As for USAA setup, I've been using 24591 for both the Bank Code and Bank Name for my CC account and 314074269 for both for checking accounts. Be sure that the CC account type is "Credit Card Account" and "Checking Account" for a checking account.

I've also found it helpful to set emulation to QWIN/2000/102

One more thing: When you authenticate, use the 4-digit pin that the website makes you enter when you want to do something after you've logged in, not your website password.

Regards,
John Ralls